Celebrate the Arrival of Spring at Home and on the Road!
March 15, 2021
March 15, 2021
March has officially arrived, and spring is in the air! However, the cold weather isn’t behind us just yet. That being said, don’t let the warmer temperatures make you want to sit on your back deck and cruise around with the windows rolled down?
Say goodbye to winter and hello to spring by getting outdoors and taking advantage of what both seasons have to offer!
Modify Your Outdoor Activities
The snowbanks lining the roads haven’t melted into puddles just yet, which means that you still have time to enjoy your favourite winter sports … just without the risk of getting frostbite. Take advantage of the following activities during the winter or the spring:
- Take your dog for a walk in new parks and along undiscovered trails. Make sure their paws don’t freeze in the winter, and in the spring, get ready to head straight to the bathtub once you get home!
- Take the kids for a sleigh ride around the neighbourhood or the backyard. March weather can be unpredictable and we’re willing to bet you haven’t seen the last of the snow just yet.
- Build a snow fort and enjoy a classic snowball fight. You and your kids have probably had more than enough practice over the past few months to come up with something spectacular.
- Snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and downhill skiing are also still on the table this month!
Get Your Backyard Ready for Spring
It’s not every year you get to spend this much time in your backyard during the winter! If your backyard got a makeover last summer, why not do the same this winter?
If you haven’t already, creating a cozy space in your snow-covered backyard is a great way to swing into spring over the next few months.
You don’t have to buy new outdoor furniture if you don’t feel like spending money. You can simply clear a spot on your back deck or in your yard for your summer patio set. Then, all you have to do is make space for your tablet or computer to video chat with your family and friends.
If you don’t mind spending a bit of money, we have an idea for you! As the temperatures climb and the days get longer, you may want to invest in a small propane heater. You can set it up on your back deck and make video calls to your heart’s content. All you need are a few hanging lights to create the perfect atmosphere!
Be Prepared for Any Weather
Even though temperatures are steadily on the rise, the mercury may still drop below freezing over the next couple of weeks.
Here are a few friendly reminders on how to prepare for any unpredictable cold waves ahead:
- Don’t let the gas in your car get too low, especially if it’s parked outside. Cold temperatures can sometimes freeze your gas lines making it impossible to start your vehicle.
- You can buy windshield washer fluid just about anywhere. So, there’s no excuse not to carry around an extra jug in your trunk. Your windshield is bound to get a lot dirtier once the snow starts to melt!
- Washing your vehicle isn’t necessarily a must. However, if you can’t tell what colour it is anymore, it may be time. Just make sure your licence plate is visible and that you wash your vehicle on a warm day. Otherwise, your doors could freeze up, temporarily locking you out.
Ring in the Spring With Music
Spring is just around the corner, and so is our latest playlist. We’ve compiled some of the best songs to listen to on hot sunny days and long lazy afternoons.