1. The Beat the Heat Contest (the “Contest”) is held in the provinces of Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland by Parkland Corporation (hereinafter the “Contest Organizer”) for the Ultramar brand from June 21 (12 a.m. EST) to August 15 (11:59 p.m. EST), 2021, inclusively (hereinafter the “Contest Period”). This Contest is governed by these official rules and regulations (“Contest Rules”). By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the Contest, as determined by Contest Organizer and its agents, are final in all respects. The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. The contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
2. The Contest is open to residents of Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland who (i) have reached the age of majority in their province of residence, with the exception of the Contest Organizer’s employees, representatives, and agents, those of any company, corporation, subsidiary, or other legal entity controlled by or related to the latter, the participating establishments, suppliers of materials, promotional, advertising or other service entities relating to the Contest (the “Contest Parties”), as well as any member of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse, and individuals with whom such employees, representatives and agents are domiciled. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the Contest Rules
HOW TO ENTER
3. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Eligible individuals must enter the contest by liking the Ultramar Facebook page @ultramarcanada and commenting the contest post.
4. Limit of participation. There is a limit of one (1) participation per person per contest post. Entries are only valid for the next applicable weekly draw during the Contest Period.
5. A total of thirty-five (35) prizes are available to be won, each consisting of a $25 gift card (“Grand Prize”). Five (5) Grand Prizes will be awarded each week in accordance to the detailed schedule outlined in Section 11. All amounts in these Rules are in Canadian dollars. Winners that participated to the contest on the Ultramar Facebook page will receive an Ultramar gift card by mail.
6. The following restrictions apply to the Grand Prizes: Ultramar fuel branded gift cards are valid in participating fuel branded service stations. Gift cards have no value prior to their activation by the Contest Organizer. The Contest Organizer is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged cards. Cards are not redeemable for cash. No refunds will be available. Cards are subject to other terms and conditions imposed by fuel supplier.
7.Prizes must be accepted as such, without possibility of substitution.
8. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
9. A contestant cannot win more than one (1) Grand Prize per week but can win more than one (1) Grand Prize during the Contest Period by participating in a subsequent weekly draw (or draws) during the Contest Period.
10. Below is the official schedule of the Contest highlighting the first and last day of each weekly draw as well as the time of the draw.
11. A random draw to award the Grand Prizes will be held in accordance to the below schedule at 4030 Saint-Ambroise, suite 236, Montreal, QC H4C 2C7. Five (5) eligible entries will be randomly selected each week from a server-generated list of all entries received each week of the Contest.
HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE
12. Once selected for a Grand Prize, the entrant for which the entry was chosen randomly must, before being declared an official winner:
a) be available to be reached by Facebook DM, with the Facebook user account they used to like the page and comment the contest post, within forty-eight (48) hours of the Draw Date. Any selected entrant who cannot be contacted after appropriate and reasonable measures taken by the Contest Organizer during that forty-eight (48) hour period will be declared ineligible to receive his/her Grand Prize and another draw will be held to award that Grand Prize. If an entrant plans to be unavailable during this period of forty-eight (48) hours following the Draw Date, he/she may inform the Contest Organizer in advance of the draw;
b)on request and in a timely manner, provide a piece of photo ID for verification purposes. If a selected entrant(s) is (are) found to be in violation of one of the aforementioned conditions or any conditions stipulated in the present Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and a new draw for the Grand Prizes will be held.
13. Verification. All entries are subject to verification by the Contest Organizer or its representatives. Any entry that is fraudulent, illegible, incomplete, or otherwise non-compliant, will be rejected and will not be eligible to enter the draw or win a Grand Prize.
14.Disqualification. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify a person or cancel one or more entries of a person if he/she enters this Contest or tries to do so by any means contrary to these Contest Rules or which would be unfair to the other entrants (e.g., use of entry forms obtained by fraudulent means, entries received after the Contest deadline). Such entrants may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
15. Running of the Contest. Any attempt to sabotage the legitimate running of the Contest constitutes a violation of civil and criminal laws. Faced with any such attempts, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to reject the entrant’s Contest entries and to seek reparations pursuant to the law.
16. Acceptance of the prize. The prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules, and cannot be transferred to another person, in whole or in part, or substituted for another prize.
17. Award of the prize. In the event that the Contest Organizer is unable to award the prizes as described in these Contest Rules, for reasons unrelated to the winner, they reserve the right to award similar prizes of equal value or, at their sole discretion, the value of the prizes indicated in these Contest Rules in cash.
18. Limitation of liability: use of the prize. The winners release the Contest Organizer, the Ultramar service stations, their affiliates, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives (hereinafter the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any damages they may suffer as a result of their participation in the Contest, whether or not in compliance with these Contest Rules, as well as those resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of his/her prize. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the Contest prize.
19. Limitation of liability: running of the Contest. The Released Parties are not liable for faulty computer components, software or communication lines relating to the loss or absence of network communication, or relating to any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible, or deleted by any computer or network, and that could limit the possibility or prevent any person from entering the Contest. Furthermore, the Released Parties are not liable for any damage or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any Internet page or of any software or other program, and by the transmission of any information related to participating in the Contest.
20. Modification of the Contest. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, in the case of an event or any human intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality, or the running of the Contest as foreseen in these Contest Rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec (“Régie”), if required. In any case, the Contest Organizer and the Released Parties cannot be held liable for cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending this Contest, in whole or in part, in compliance with these Contest Rules.
21. End of participation in the Contest. In the event that participation in the Contest must be ended, in whole or in part, for any reason whatsoever, before the scheduled Contest deadline set out in these Contest Rules, the draw could take place, at the Contest Organizer’s discretion and subject to the approval of the Régie, from among the entries duly received at the date of the event that put an end to participation in the Contest.
22. Authorization. By participating in this Contest, the winners authorize the Contest Organizer and their representatives to use, if required, their name, photograph, image, voice, place of residence and/or declaration regarding the prize for advertising purposes, without any compensation whatsoever.
23. Limitation of liability: participation in the Contest. Any person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest releases the Released Parties from any and all liability for damages that he/she may incur as a result of participating or trying to participate in this Contest.
24. Prize limit. In all cases, the Contest Organizer shall not be required to award more prizes or to award a prize other than the one described in these Contest Rules.
25. Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants in connection with this Contest other than in accordance with these Contest rules or at the initiative of the Contest Organizer. The complete list of winners will be available at ultramar.ca/beatheheat.
26. Personal information. Entrants’ personal information collected for the purposes of the Contest will be used only to administer the Contest and no commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to entrants, unless they have otherwise consented to such communications.
27. Exclusive property. All entries are the property of the Contest Organizer.
28. Identification of entrant. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose name is registered to the Facebook account and the person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is selected as and declared the winner.
29. Decision of the Contest Organizer. All decisions of the Contest Organizer or those of their representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding, subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in relation to matters under its jurisdiction.
30. Litigation. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec solely for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
31. Divisibility of sections. If a section of these Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
32. Language. For Quebec participants, in case of a discrepancy between the French version and the English version of these Contest Rules, in the event that a French version is available, the French version shall take precedence