The hottest month of the year has arrived! July is synonymous with taking vacation, spending time with family and getting in as much rest and relaxation as possible. It’s also the perfect time to discover new activities!
Here are a few tips on how to have fun and stay cool this summer. You may even want to make some of these activities yearly traditions!
Get Active and Have Fun
Summer is all about adventure! Did you know that there’s so much waiting to be done just outside your front door? Trying out a new sport with your family is a great example!
Have you always wanted to try rollerblading up and down your street? Summer is the perfect time to give it a go! However, safety should always be your top priority. Therefore, it’s a good idea to purchase protective gear and venture out with someone more experienced than you. Start slow and stick to a beginner-friendly area!
The same goes for activities like hiking and biking, as well as water sports such as kayaking, canoeing, paddleboarding and swimming. Safety comes first!
Unique Ways to Cool Off
June was a scorcher and July will be no exception! To make the most of these sunny summer days without breaking a sweat, make sure you have a list of ways to cool off, no matter where you are.
In the Backyard
If you have a backyard pool, the following tips may not apply to your situation. However, it could be fun to try a new way of cooling down this summer!
- Have a water gun fight with your family. Simply arm each family member with their own water toy and get out there and have fun. Everyone wins, even if they get shot!
- Put out the sprinkler for your kids. If you want hours of fun that even the dog can enjoy, these accessories work wonders! Splashing around and running through the sprinkler on a hot summer day is sure to create unforgettable memories!
At the Park
- Make your walk even more enjoyable by buying an ice cream cone or frozen treat along the way. Your kids will be happy, and you’ll stay cool!
- Wear loose-fitting, breathable clothing. Sportswear fabrics wick away sweat to keep you cool and dry. Flowing dresses, wide pants and light cardigans are also great options that allow plenty of airflow.
- If you start feeling unwell on your walk, turn back. We recommend that you check the temperature and humidity before heading out, so you know what to expect once you get going.
No matter what activity you choose, drinking plenty of water is key! It’s important to stay hydrated at all times, even if the temperature doesn’t feel stifling.
Enjoy the Taste of Summer All Year Long
Speaking of refreshment, did you know that summer is the perfect time to try new drink recipes? That's right! Get out your juicer or blender and get ready to whip up some tasty drinks the whole family will enjoy.
Here’s a list of recipes you can enjoy any time of year.
This flavour-packed peach and blueberry smoothie also happens to be very nutritious! You can enjoy it at any time of day whenever you need a boost of energy.
It only takes a few ingredients to whip up a deliciously refreshing drink! This simple frozen grape and strawberry juice is a tasty treat you can make directly in the blender.
Homemade Iced Tea
You don’t have to buy this drink in cans or bottles anymore! This simple maple-flavoured iced tea recipe beats anything you can buy in the store.
July is jam-packed with fun summer activities. Take advantage of the great weather to pamper yourself and have fun!