Our Value Plus program
At Ultramar, our goal is clear: to offer our customers high quality gasoline products at unbeatable prices*. And if a competitor initiates a drop in prices, we will quickly adjust our prices. In short, our objective is that customers will not find a lower price in the zone than that offered at this station. To this end, Ultramar has introduced the Value Plus Program.
Here’s how the program works:
- Each of the Value Plus stations is placed in a price zone.
- Our goal is that you won’t find a better price in this zone than that offered at this station.
Daily price surveys:
- At least once a day, a price survey will be taken of the prices in effect for all grades of gasoline at all competing stations located in the zone.
- In some zones, the number of surveys will be increased.
- If a survey reveals that the prices at the Ultramar stations in the zone are not already equivalent to or lower than the lowest prices offered by the competition in the zone, our prices will be adjusted accordingly, as quickly as possible.
- Our retail associates, employees and sales representatives monitor posted prices on a daily basis and are on the lookout for any drop in prices initiated by a competitor.
- Once we note such a drop, we will quickly make the required changes.
The price information line:
- We have established a toll-free line to give our customers an opportunity to assist us in our goal of delivering unbeatable gasoline prices. If you ever notice a competitor with a lower price than Ultramar inside the same price zone, please call 1-800-363-6949.
- Your call will be given top priority. If you prefer, you can provide this same information directly to an employee or associate.
- In all cases, once the information has been verified, it will be taken into account and our prices will be adjusted without delay.
The central system:
- All the price information resulting from our surveys and other checks will be transmitted to our computerized and centralized pricing system.
- In the event a competitive decrease is detected and appropriately validated, the system makes the changes to the gasoline prices at all of the Value Plus stations in the same one, to ensure that prices will be at least equal to the lowest price offered by the competing stations in this zone.
As you can see, we’re putting a lot of effort into making our gasoline prices unbeatable. We welcome any questions or comments you may have on Ultramar’s Value Plus Program. Don’t hesitate to speak to our employees or associates or call 1-800-363-6949.*Diesel fuel not included. For equivalent type of service. Program not offered in Ontario.