PRODUCT INVENTORY TECHNICIAN
Parkland is unique. We fuel communities by safely delivering high-quality petroleum products to motorists, businesses, consumers and wholesale customers across North America. Through unrivaled dependability and service, we connect communities to the products they need to heat their homes, fuel their industries and drive their economies.
Parkland is strong. We are one of North America’s fastest growing and largest independent distributors and marketers of fuels and lubricants. Our family includes Bluewave Energy, Columbia Fuels, Elbow River Marketing, Island Petroleum, Fas Gas Plus, Farstad Oil, Les Pétroles Parkland, Pioneer Energy, Sparlings, Superpumper Inc. and the Ultramar Brand.
Parkland is growing. Our organization is powered by effective leadership, progressive strategies and industry-leading best practices — but more importantly, it is driven by talented, customer-focused people who value integrity, innovation and quality. We are looking for good-natured, hard-working candidates who want to build a rewarding career in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We are a family and our family continues to grow.
Reporting to the Supervisor, inventory, the Product inventory technician will Process deliveries to customers and ensure that the product inventory is adequate by tracking product movements. Ensure rigorous application of internal controls as required by C-SOX and Parkland methodology. The incumbent will ensure the accuracy and integrity of delivered product sales recorded in Infosys, consolidate and analyze the information from the various regions, prepare the external contractor pays according to the rates and standards stipulated in the contracts. He will also assist with the division controller and supervisor with accounting treatment of various ad-hoc transactions (product return to plant, customer credits and rebills, calculation of accruals, haulage analysis and reports, accounting system maintenance resulting from new transactions, etc.).
- Track, validate and prepare the delivery transactions for the “posting” for all inventory groups by ensuring there is no volume or price at zero, and make the necessary corrections when the situation so requires;
- Prepare the weekly report of incorrect transactions in Touch Star per cost centre for operational management;
- Complete the monthly report of commissions paid to Newfoundland contractors and agents per cost centre;
- Assist other product inventory clerks with their duties and review their work;
- Daily indirect supervision of work by inventory clerks;
- Analyze billing abnormalities and recommend ways to correct the situation;
- Prepare and record the SAP “uploads” for accounts payable for all payments to be made to contractors across Canada, based on various schedules;
- Receive, analyze and record deliveries to customers, and accept batches in the system and then record 100% of the sales made by the heating and commercial sales division;
- Balance control files per truck, and verify, analyze and correct product variations;
- Prepare the product mixtures and bill deliveries for SAP customers;
- Record pumpings and verify all other delivery adjustments;
- Complete and balance the daily control sheets for batches per territory to ensure the accuracy and integrity of sales and inventory transactions;
- Preparer the weekly inventory control report (MB21) per inventory plant, the MB21 being a key element in SOX controls and for external auditors;
- Prepare the pay for contractors and agents, based on the rates and contracts in effect;
- Prepare the ad hoc report required by the immediate supervisor;
- Track all changes to delivery rates in Infosys and ensure their approval;
- Responsible for executing SOX controls for inventories and delivered product sales;
- Participate in improving processes and executing the system automation plan;
- Balance inventory plants for commercial deliveries (plant must be at zero);
- Respond to requests by external auditors during regular and annual audits.
Qualifications and Skills:
- College diploma in Administration and Accounting combined with five (5) years or more of relevant experience;
- Ability to review information quickly and accurately;
- Ability to work in a team (i.e. collaborate and share information with colleagues and escalate issues to colleagues and supervisor quickly);
- Meet month-end deadlines by collaborating and escalating problems quickly to identify solutions;
- Provide prompt, accurate and complete information to both management and auditors;
- Ability to work under pressure (very high volume during the winter season);
- Good knowledge of Excel, SAP and Infosys. Knowledge of JDE Edwards is an asset;
- Eagerness to learn and work with multiple software;
- Respect and understand the importance of applying internal controls and complying with SOX rules.
Please send your resume to [email protected]
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Our main priority at Parkland is our people. As an employee, you can expect a fair workplace, a professional work environment, competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and a share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and our Annual Incentive Plan.
Parkland Fuel Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.