MANAGER, OPERATIONAL AUDIT
Parkland is unique. We fuel communities by safely delivering high-quality petroleum products to motorists, businesses, consumers and wholesale customers across North America. Through unrivaled dependability and service, we connect communities to the products they need to heat their homes, fuel their industries and drive their economies.
Parkland is strong. We are one of North America’s fastest growing and largest independent distributors and marketers of fuels and lubricants. Our family includes Bluewave Energy, Columbia Fuels, Elbow River Marketing, Island Petroleum, Fas Gas Plus, Farstad Oil, Les Pétroles Parkland, Pioneer Energy, Sparlings, Superpumper Inc. and the Ultramar Brand.
Parkland is growing. Our organization is powered by effective leadership, progressive strategies and industry-leading best practices — but more importantly, it is driven by talented, customer-focused people who value integrity, innovation and quality. We are looking for good-natured, hard-working candidates who want to build a rewarding career in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We are a family and our family continues to grow.
The Manager, in conjunction with his group, ensures the stable and efficient operation of the applications that support the activities of Parkland’s business units. He also ensures the scalability of these applications in order to support market growth and transformation. He is required to supervise multidisciplinary development and support teams in addition to managing relations with external suppliers when they are involved in the delivery and support of business applications.
The Manager must meet the business units’ executives to provide them with IT expertise and prepare project proposals that will help them decide on solutions aimed at meeting their business goals. The proposed solutions must take into account and complement the ERP systems already in place (JDE, PDI and Infosys).
Lead for special audit projects and provides advisory and consulting services to management. Recommends appropriate staffing requirements to complete operational audits. Coordinates and directs activities of assigned auditors. Trains and provides guidance of auditing tasks and procedures, reviews work for completeness and submits evaluations on assigned auditors.
Summarizes audit objectives, scope, findings, conclusions and management response. Conducts oral and written presentations to all levels of management, as appropriate, during and upon the completion of audits. Ensures audit summary is prepared within established deadline.
Define major risk areas
Identify business process risks
Assess impact and probability ratings for each area of risk identified
Capture “what are we doing about it” as well as “how do we know”
Test “what are we doing about it” and “how do we know”
Develop practical risk based recommendations on identified control gaps
Lead or assist with internal investigation of potential acts of fraud or discrepancies.
Review discrepancies which are brought forward from Senior Management.
Develop and document a plan of action for investigations of financial transactions including review of controls and analysis as required; work with Legal, HR and external resources/investigators as necessary.
Produces written final audit reports which require minimal re-work from supervisor across multiple operational business units.
Assist management with enterprise risk assessment and annual audit plan development.
Assist in the development of departmental budget and forecast and ensure costs are monitored accordingly.
There may be involvement in multiple projects at any given time. Audit areas may involve operational, regulatory compliance, financial and advisory/consulting engagements.
Play a critical role in delivering a data analytics centered approach to Parkland’s operational audit program.
Lead Parkland’s Business Continuity Plan process.
Aspects of the position will deal with highly confidential content and it will require strong controls and procedures to ensure this information is secure (at time may be privileged).
Qualifications and Skills:
- Accounting designation (CPA-CA) with qualifying experience
- CIA designation preferred
- In depth knowledge with audit methodologies (CSox regulations and processes) and GAAP guidelines
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, balancing priorities and deliverables.
- Competent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to lead projects and mentor others
- Ability to evaluate business processes and IT technology, identify risks and evaluate controls.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Advanced investigative and analytical skills
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable and accepted solutions
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Windows-based microcomputer word processing and spreadsheet software
- ACL knowledge
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
Please send your resume to [email protected]